Plan an Event
Children with Disabilities in BC have been privileged to have hundreds of thoughtful individuals and groups raise money for BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities and Easter Seals BC/Yukon in their own way by hosting or planning an event.
Are you thinking about holding a fundraiser for the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities and Easter Seals BC/Yukon?
Fundraisers are a great way to increase awareness and help support children with disabilities in your community. The sky is the limit when it comes to planning your event there is no event too big or too small and they are a lot of fun!
o Read, Walk, Skip, Bike, Dance, Jump, Knit, Swim, Bowl,
Skate, Yoga, Radio, Work, Board games
o Garage, BBQ, Bake, Arts & Craft, Lemonade, Plant,
Used Books/CD’s, Ice Cream Social
· Car Wash / Pet Wash
· Night Out Events
o Theatre Show, Concert, Casino Night, Carnival, Bingo,
Dance, Talent Show, Comedy Club
· Sports Tournaments
o Golf, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Badminton,
Ping Pong, Curling, Hockey
· Office Events
o Curse Jar, Casual Day, Boss for a Day, Bag Lunch Day
o On-line, Silent, Live
· Host a Dinner Party
o Have your guests bring gift cards from a store instead
of bringing a gift or paying an entry fee.
Increase enthusiasm by giving each person who brings
a gift card a ticket for a draw.
Gift Card suggestions – Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Rona,
Home DepotGas Stations, London Drugs, Wal-Mart,
Canadian Tire, etc)
o 50/50, ticket sales
· Loose Change Drive
· Challenge Events
o Amazing Race, Murder Mystery, Treasure Hunt, Easter Egg Hunt
(these could be done in the office, at home or around the city)
· Host a party - Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Partylight
o Donate a portion of the hostess sales
The options are endless just do your favorite thing, use your imagination and let the Event begin.
How can we help:
· Provide printed materials on the BC Lions Society for Children
with Disabilities/ Easter Seals BC to be used for handout and
· Advise and Expertise
· Ideas to assist with planning
· Letters of support to validate the authenticity of the event
· Promote Event on our website
· Provide information on tax receipting
How we cannot help:
· Assume any legal or financial liability associated with the event
· Reimbursement for event expenses
· Donor information
· Guarantee attendance of Society staff or volunteers for event
· Application for gaming licenses
· Finding sponsors
· Prizes, auction items or awards
Steps to an Event:
Take an idea, prepare a plan, and know that what you will do will make a difference in helping a child with disabilities gain abilities. Here are a couple of steps to help you out.
Step 1: Identify what type of event you would like to organize and how many people you need to help you reach your goal.
Step 2: Download the 3rd party agreement and send by to us by Fax at 604-873-0166 and we will contact you to see how we can assist your event.
Third Party Special Event.pdf
Step 3: Set a goal of what you want to raise for the kids.
Step 4: Identify people or a team that can help you reach your fundraising goal.
Step 5: Promote and get out there to just do it!
Step 6: Most of all have FUN!
Thank you for helping children with disabilities gain abilities!
Kids Helping Kids
Children can help children. As a young person, you can help other children who face disability challenges each day in BC. Your act of helping is a very powerful opportunity to make a difference in another child’s life.
So start now by making a difference while having fun!
Be as creative as you want to help raise awareness and raise money for the children. We have a range of ideas to get you started whether it is a bake sale, walkathon, benefit concert, pennies for pizza or having your friends make a donation in honour of your birthday for the kids. No matter what you do you will be giving children the opportunity to gain abilities rather than face a disability.
Here is a list of idea’s that other children have done to raise money for the kids:
- Have a ?ATHON - Walk-a-thon, Skip-a-thon, Hula Hoop-a-thon: Choose a date and a place/route, contact us for pledge forms, and make some posters. Have everyone who wants to participate ask for donations or pledges using the pledge forms.
- Band and choir concerts: Ask your school band or choir to donate their time by performing a benefit concert for the kids. Ask for a donation for admission to the event.
- Have a Bake Sale, Lemonade or Popcorn Stand and raise money for the kids. Make posters and let people know you are helping children with disabilities gain abilities.
- Fill The Jar: Fill a jar with jellybeans or smarties and have your friends pay to guess how many there are in the jar. The money raised will help the kids and the winner wins the candy!
- Provide a service for donations: Rake leaves, take care of a pet and ask the person who benefited from your service for a donation towards the kids.
- Have a birthday party! Ask your parent's first. Invite your friends to your birthday party and instead of bringing a gift they could make a donation in honour of your birthday. Then come see us and deliver your gifts for the kids.