‘Tis the season to give thanks!
TIMMY'S CHRISTMAS TELETHON ANNOUNCES $6,118,620 FOR EASTER SEALS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES IN 2012
Sunday, December 9, 2012 - Vancouver, BC - Timmy's Christmas Telethon presented by Shaw launched the holiday season by giving thanks to donors and corporate supporters for helping to raise $6,118,620 in 2012 in support of the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities’ Easter Seals programs and services.
The 25Th annual telethon aired live throughout BC on local Shaw TV channels, and in the Yukon on Shaw Direct. The Telethon featured performances by 2011 Juno Award winner Greg Sczebel, Cover Me Canada’s finalist Ali Milner, Canada’s Got Talent finalist FRESHH, and the incredible Cole Armour as well as many others.
Michael Eckford and Fiona Forbes of The Rush, Johanna Ward of go! Vancouver, Bianca Solterbeck of Dream Homes, and Melanie Pineda of Cooking With Fire along with Global BC News anchor Chris Gailus and Global BC Morning News personalities Sophie Lui and Kaitlyn Herbst hosted the show and captivated viewers with the inspiring stories of children with special needs and their families, showcased the selfless efforts of volunteers and celebrated the real FUN in fundraising.
This year’s telethon featured three amazing Easter Seals junior hosts: 15-year-old Sharoo Kanwar from Surrey and from Vancouver Island 14-year-old Bailey Dalgliesh from Victoria, and 10-year old Emily Breingan from Nanaimo, BC. They charmed one and all and truly demonstrated what children with special needs can accomplish with the help of the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities.
The Society assists children with all kinds of special needs, and funds province-wide specialized services like the Society’s three Easter Seals Camps, three Easter Seals Houses, and Patient Care Grants. It also provides college scholarships to support youth with disabilities in furthering their education.
The BC Lions Society extends a heartfelt thank you to everyone who tuned in to watch and support the Timmy’s Christmas Telethon this year. Your financial support is greatly appreciated. Please mail your cheques to the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities, 3981 Oak Street, Vancouver BC V6H 4H5 or new donations can be made online at www.timmys.org.
Timmy’s Christmas Telethon was made possible with the support of its partners Shaw Cablesystems, Scotiabank, Safeway, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Air North, Tom Lee Music, Vancouver Sun, The Province, Global BC, CKNW, Astral Radio, Black Press, Northwestel Community Television, Pattison Outdoor Advertising, Vancity Buzz, Tech Web Direct, Advance Parking Systems, Starbucks, Fluff, Emelle’s Catering, ZLC Financial, DeVry Greenhouses Ltd. and HollyNorth Production Supplies.
For more information on the Timmy’s Christmas Telethon please visit www.timmys.org or call 604.873.1865 or 1.855.216.2012.
Thank you to everyone for your donations to Timmy's Christmas Telethon.
Donations can still be made by clicking the DONATE NOW button above or sending in a cheque to:
Timmy's Christmas Telethon
3981 Oak St
Vancouver, BC V6H 4H5
Individual donation Prize Winners, drawn at the Telethon on December 9th:
1. Pearl Necklace & Earrings from International Gems - Harpreet Sina, Surrey BC
2. Simple Pleasures: Eating & Shopping in Vancouver - Debbie Houlden, Chilliwack, BC
3. Vancouver Weekend Getaway - Arden Fowler, North Vancouver, BC
4. Romance in the City (of Vancouver) - Don Sinclair, Surrey, BC
5. Get-A-Way to Victoria - Iain Larken, Garibaldi Highlands , BC
6. Air North – Magical Yukon Skies. - Patrizia Cucca, Vancouver BC
7. A Luxury 7 day Holland America Line Caribbean or Mexico Cruise - Joanna Montenegro, Pitt Meadows, BC
8. Online Donor Incentive - All Donations Online are eligible!
· The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver hotel has graciously donated to the Timmy's Christmas Telethon a 1 night say with breakfast for 2 people in a Harbour View Room. This will be packaged with 2 tickets to the Vancouver Canucks (we're optimistic that our dearly loved Canucks will be back soon). Everyone who donates online at www.timmys.org will be eligible for a chance to win this prize package. The winner will be drawn the day after the Telethon on Monday, December 10th, 2012.
Value: $575 approx.
Newsletters & Releases:
Click here for other ways to help the kids during the year