Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions about Easter Seals BC/Yukon and the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities

How do I make a donation?

There are options on how you can donate and you can pick the way that works best for you.
There are 5 ways donors can make donations – Cash Donations, Cheque Donations, Online donations, Monthly donations or Gifts of publicly traded securities or a gift in your Will.

Cash Donations

Visit us at our Easter Seals BC/Yukon office in Vancouver:

3981 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 4H5

We are open Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm
(except holidays)
Phone: 604 873-1865 or 1800-818-4483

Visit us at our Easter Seals BC/Yukon office in Victoria:

132- 328 Wale Rd. 
Victoria, BC V9B 0J8

We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 4:00pm
(except holidays)
Phone: 250-370-0518 or 1888-868-2822

Cheque Donations

Cheques can be made payable to Easter Seals BC/Yukon

Our mailing address is:

Easter Seals BC/Yukon
3981 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 4H5

Online Donations 

To make a gift on line is easy and you receive your tax receipt promptly. The cost of processing a gift online is less expensive than any other way to give. More of your donation goes to supporting the children.

Make a donation online

How can I update my donor information?

You can update your name, address, phone number or your credit card or banking information for your monthly gift by contacting us at 1-800-818-4483 or 604-873-1865 and letting us know of any changes.

I would like to make a Gift-In-Kind to the Society. Where can I get more information?

Gifts-In-Kind to the Society can help us raise funds through silent, live auctions, draws and prizes along with items needed to support Easter Seals House or Camps. Read the how to donate Gifts-In-Kind and see our guidelines for more information.

Who do I contact if I want to run an event on behalf of the Society?

Visit the Plan an Event section for more information or call us at 604-873-1865 or 1-800-818-4483.

What is the monthly donor giving program “Partners in Caring”?

Donating through our Partners in Caring program you are making a thoughtful and lasting investment in the kids. The monthly donor program allows you to donate on a monthly basis and shows your commitment to the children. You can donate monthly by credit card or withdrawals from your chequing account.

See our Partners in Caring section for more information.

When will I receive my tax receipt for my monthly gifts?

Your receipt for the tax year will be mailed to you no later than the end of each February in the following year.

Will the Society send out cards in honour or in memory of an individual?

Our donors often give in memory or in honour of family, friends or loved ones. When a donation is made in honour or in memory, we send out a card to the family or individual that is being honoured which acknowledges your generous donation. See our In Memory or In Honour section for more information.

When a gift is made In Memory or In honour is the amount of the donation shared with the individual or family?

We do not share the amount of your donation with the family or individual. This information is kept strictly confidential unless you instruct us to share this information.

How will a gift in my estate affect my taxes?

Estate planning and having a will is important. Careful planning and a significant gift to the Society can make it possible to eliminate taxes owed by your estate instead of paying the government. Visit Estate Giving for more information.

Can I establish an endowment to help the children?

Donors can establish a named endowment fund during their lifetime. Endowments are considered gifts in perpetuity and the interest income earned each year benefits the children. Visit Ways to Give for more information.


Helping Give Children Abilities.
Call 1-800-818-4483 or 604 873-1865 today to make your donation.